Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
The IT Architect position is an exciting opportunity to work on multiple applications and is responsible for multiple technologies and interfaces within the organization. Many of our systems at Fabick Cat are third-party business systems with some smaller applications written in house. This position is an expert on the system architecture and assists the vendor with technical information for the changes, working with the vendor to coordinate changes or has the ability to write an in-house solution for smaller internal applications. The IT Architect works with both business partners and other IT team members to determine the future direction of all applications based on Fabick Cat requirements.
* Applies advanced knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide range of issues in creative and effective ways
* Subject matter expert in more than one area of responsibility; represents team within and outside own department. Become technical owner of multiple third-party and in house applications. This includes utilizing the full project lifecycle including requirements, development, testing and implementation.
* Conduct product research, evaluate new software products against requirements.
* Oversees Data Warehouse operations, troubleshoots and fixes issues
* Assists with project planning; provides technical expertise to team members and/or vendors
* Has significant autonomy over completion of day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new projects or assignments
* Defines, develops, communicates, and implements standards, processes, and procedures for the team or department
* Establishes, maintains, and fosters relationships both within and outside the team, department and our vendors
* Monitors key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures
* Understands and translates business requirements to software designs that align with overall business and technology vision
* Defines, creates, and evaluates processes; identifies and recommends process improvements; designs solutions using knowledge of business strategy, security, technologies, and architectural methods
* Collaborates with vendors on the direction for the development of solutions or enhancements
* Maintains knowledge of emerging architectural methods and technologies for application to the environment
* Listens to and evaluates customer needs to determine, provide, and identify high quality solutions that align with customer expectations
* Provides instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensures deadlines are met
* Perform other miscellaneous duties as required by management.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
* Requires 5 or more years of experience in data analysis, problem solving, script writing, reporting and data warehouse.
* Requires 3 or more years previous development experience
* 3 or more years of SQL query development
* Previous experience in Power Apps, Power BI and Powershell, SSRS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Extensive knowledge with Office 365 products including SharePoint online and Excel
* Excellent analytical skills with the ability to use data for effective presentation of information
* Proven leadership, results orientation, and self-motivation traits
* Superb communication skills -- both written and verbal with the ability to engage an audience across a broad range of technical expertise and/or business acumen
* Proficient knowledge of project management concepts, from planning and inception, through implementation and support
* Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
* Proven experience developing strategies for solutions that solve business problems, are scalable and sustainable, are secure, and meet internal long-term goals of IT and the business
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled