Landmark Construction, part of Landmark Properties – a vertically integrated provider of quality residential communities, is seeking a Project Engineer for projects throughout the United States.
Our Project Engineers in the Urban Division are an integral part of a team that delivers concrete/steel products in mid to high-rise construction spaces with a project size exceeding $100M. Our Project Engineers are responsible for assisting the Project Managers and Superintendents in project planning, buyout, project management, and closeout. Every day you will assist in obtaining, coordinating, and distributing the information and authorizations required to construct the project on time, within budget and to Landmark’s quality standards.
Our Project Engineers assist with buyout and contract activities including Subcontractor Prequalification, Bid List, Bid Package Development, Buyout, and Contract Execution (Pre-GMP). They schedule and assist in drafting agendas for coordination meetings, Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings and all other meetings as directed by the Project Manager or Superintendent The also maintain all document controls for the project including but not limited to: contract documents, specifications, geotechnical reports, permits, clarifications, field sketches, inspections, daily field reports, sign-in sheets, meeting minutes, submittal log, RFI log, change order logs and safety meeting reports.
To thrive in this role, you must be able to prioritize work, have a desire to collaborate and communicate efficiently, meet project deadlines and be a critical thinker/self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision.?
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
This is an entry-level position with rapid growth potential.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Science, or Architecture preferred. Previous Internship/Field experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills and general knowledge of Office 365 are required; Procore PM Software and Blue Beam knowledge is a plus.
- Must be able to compose project reports and daily narratives in English.
- A construction professional that possesses personal traits such as critical thinking, interpersonal, organization, ethics, results-driven, teamwork/collaboration, integrity/trust.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may infrequently drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.
Project Engineers are embedded on the project site and in temporary construction trailers/offices close to the site. Periods of overnight travel may be required.