Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
* Responsible for selling spare and replacement parts for equipment in repair shop or parts store;
* Look up parts for customers and service technicians as requested, either over the phone, fax, or face to face using computer information systems;
* Provide quotes as requested by customers;
* Provide parts availability and shipping options to customers;
* Provide customers replacement part options when available, such as remanufactured or used pieces;
* Advise customers of replacement or modification of parts when identical replacement parts are not available;
* Examine returned parts for defects as exchange as needed or issue credit when necessary;
* Work and assist in the warehouse as needed;
* Have knowledge of the basics of providing customer service, including customer needs assessment, meeting service quality standards and customer evaluations;
* Promote and sell products and services provided by the Fabick customers;
* Answer phones immediately and properly;
* Acknowledge counter customers, even if on the phone with another customer;
* Maintain a working knowledge of all parts information systems -- DBS, SIS, WMS, etc;
* Perform other duties as directed.
* High School diploma or equivalent is required;
* 1-3 years customer service experience required.
* 1-3 years counter sales experience is preferred;
* Active listening skills are required to correctly understand the customer's needs and provide the solution to those needs;
* Excellent verbal communication skills are desired, being able to present information to customers clearly and effectively;
* Critical thinking skills are used to determine alternate solutions or approaches to fulfilling the customer's needs;
* A good mechanical aptitude or understanding of how things are assembled and how they work is essential;
* The ideal candidate is dynamic, energetic, and has excellent communication skills including public speaking. Strong customer service, organizational & mechanical aptitude is essential.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must.
Special Physical Requirements:
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled