Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring an Inventory Coordinator in Sterling, Virginia. The Inventory Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the entire rental fleet inventory, new machines, used equipment, and work tools & attachments. Additional responsibilities include cost control, and the disposal of surplus work tools. Seeking candidates with previous inventory management experience or skills, and a general understanding of inventory and work tools.
Requirements for the Inventory Coordinator position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Strong PC skills required (word processing, spreadsheets, database, and e-mail).
- Must have excellent data entry skills and the ability to process a large volume of work.
- Able to handle many phone calls efficiently and professionally.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Able to adjust to changing job priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required by job.
- Able to promote a positive customer experience.
Physical requirements must be met for the Inventory Coordinator job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.