RFI is looking for a Security Alarm Technician to join our team in Reno!
Are you technical?
Do you enjoy working independently to complete your tasks, but can be part of a larger team?
Do you have a professional, but a matter of fact communication style?
Do you like to get your work done in a timely manner?
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you.
Technicians report directly to the Operations Manager, but are responsible to the Sr. Technicians and/or Project Managers on a daily activity basis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performing startup, installation and closeout of all jobs; assisting Project Managers in other tasks as assigned by the Project Managers.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for all work to be performed according to RFI standards and quality installation techniques as per the RFI “General Installation and Craftsmanship Standards and Practices” policy.
- Installs and terminates cable and equipment as per specifications and in conjunction with any relevant building and or electrical codes.
- Ability to read, understand and follow a scope of work/specifications and blueprints.
- Able to follow a wire diagram/ cut sheet to terminate devices correctly.
- Ability to read and understand technical publications/installation manuals.
- Tests all equipment after terminations are complete to ensure performance of system.
- Responsible for training Trainees on RFI procedures, systems and installation techniques.
- Maintain professional licensing and certifications as required by manufacturer’s state and local jurisdictions.
- Maintain accurate project information with in RFI shared files and system.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities without supervision.
- Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies.
- Understand basic circuitry, Example- Open/ Closed circuits and relay logic needed to terminate devices correctly such as lock power and door contacts.
- Able to draw out wire circuit detail for reference in documentation records and training needs.
- Ability to use a multimeter correctly for all testing and troubleshooting as needed i.e. measure voltage, resistance, amperage and determine electrical polarity using a multimeter.
- Ability to take on small projects solo and see them to completion.
- Ability to troubleshoot and communicate skills necessary to become a reliable team member of the on-call service rotation.
- Must be able to set up and configure basic settings on field devices including setting up IP addresses.
Customer Service & Communications Skills:
- Work with Field Engineers on startup to ensure complete system compliance.
- Daily communications with Sales Executives, Project and/or Operations Manager on delays, requirements and general status of jobs.
- Work proactively and in a positive manner with all co-workers.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to resolve RFI, Client, or other inquiries and/or requests.
- Maintain communications with customers and sales executives to resolve customer issues.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Safety & Accountability:
- Adherence to all RFI Safety Policies; Work at required heights utilizing ladders, scaffolding, lifts, or other.
- Consistently keeps work area clean and free of potential hazards.
- Work in confined spaces as necessary.
- Daily communications with Project Manager on delays, requirements and general status of jobs.
- Works with Project Manager to oversee the installation of multiple crews to ensure jobs are on track and within the project estimate and scope.
- Ability to complete work and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client and service department.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure all jobs are maintaining budgets and timelines throughout all phases of project.
- Provide reports to management.
- Adhere to procedures and standards in system design for quality installations.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
High school education, or equivalent, required. Understanding of electronics/basic electrical theory a plus. 3+ years working in the electronic field with daily use of AC/DC theory. Proper hand and power tool operations and safety. Ability to read blue prints and schematics. Basic computer skills. This position requires a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to lift occasionally and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
- Ability to effectively communicate, (i.e. see, hear, speak and write clearly) in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment.
- Ability to stand and work on a ladder; must have the ability to reach and work overhead.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than 40 years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursements Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) with Matching Program
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
- Company Wellness & Rewards Program
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions