RFI is looking for a Fire Alarm System Technician to join our team in Reno!
Are you technical?
Do you enjoy working independently to complete your tasks, but can be part of a larger team?
Do you have a professional, but a matter of fact communication style?
Do you like to get your work done in a timely manner?
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you.
Service Technicians, report directly to the Lead Technician and/or Service Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Install, program, test, inspect and service of all fire alarm systems and equipment, after installation or repairs are made, to ensure performance of system.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for all work to be performed according to RFI standards and quality installation techniques as per the RFI “General Installation and Craftsmanship Standards and Practices” policy.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Install, program, test/inspect and service of all fire alarm systems and equipment, after installation or repairs are made, to ensure performance of system.
- Assist on installation projects when required.
- Ability to rapidly understand business objectives to drive effective solutions.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver who has demonstrated a track record of delivering solutions for clients in a quality manner.
- Ability to learn on-site Project Management, troubleshooting, programming, testing, and installation of systems.
- Repair and/or restore all systems per specifications and in conjunction with any applicable building fire alarm and/or electrical codes.
- Work with Field Engineers on startup to ensure complete system compliance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities without supervision.
- Assist in training apprentices on RFI procedures, systems and installation/service techniques.
- Other duties deemed necessary.
Customer Service & Communications Skills:
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to resolve RFI, Client, or other inquiries and/or requests.
- Daily communications with Lead Technician and/or Project Manager on the installation to ensure jobs are on track and within the project estimate and scope.
- Maintain communications with customers and sales executives to resolve customer issues.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms. Explain use of products or services
- Work proactively and in a positive manner with all co-workers.
- Maintain accurate project information with in RFI shared files and system.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and present information in one-on-one and small group situation
Safety & Accountability:
- Adherence to all RFI Safety Policies; Work at required heights utilizing ladders, scaffolding, lifts, or other.
- Work in confined spaces as necessary
- Follow established Safety Guidelines and OSHA regulations.
- Maintain professional licensing and certifications as required by manufacturer, State and Local jurisdictions.
- Ability to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment as organization evolves.
- Follows direction on the project provided by the Lead Tech and/or Project Manager.
- All work is performed to Building Codes and RFI standards and quality installation techniques are practiced.
- Work with Lead Technician and/or Project Manager to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client and service department
- Work with Lead Technician and/or Project Manager to ensure all jobs are maintaining budgets and timelines through-out all phases of project.
- Adhere to procedures and standards in system design for quality installations.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
High school education, or equivalent required. OSHA 10 Certification required. Nevada F Card required. NICET Fire Alarm Certification a plus. Siemens trained and certified in MXL and/or XLS a plus. Experience in the electronic field with daily use of AC/DC theory a plus. Proper hand and power tool operations and safety. Experience reading blue prints and schematics a plus. Basic computer skills. This position requires a clean background check, passing a pre-employment drug test and a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to lift occasionally and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
- Ability to effectively communicate, (i.e. see, hear, speak and write clearly) in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment.
- Ability to stand and work on a ladder; must have the ability to reach and work overhead.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than 40 years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursements Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) with Matching Program
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
- Company Wellness & Rewards Program
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions