Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNH Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
The successful Vice President will be responsible for field operational activities in several locations for our Agricultural division within Sonsray Machinery footprint, including overseeing the service & parts department, new machines sales department, store operations, staff, P&L, market penetration and activities. This position is based out of our corporate office in Torrance, CA and will need to reside near the Los Angeles area. Reports directly to Chief Executive Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Vice President:
- Supervise and lead the Branch Managers, and help oversee Store operations including Parts Department, Service Department and Sales Department in a positive team work environment, develop business opportunities and increase market penetration with store P&L responsibilities.
- The Vice President will commence to oversee the operations for our CASE IH Agricultural Equipment dealerships in Fresno, CA, Bakersfield, CA, Salinas, CA, Five points, CA and Yuma, AZ.
- Will have the task of enhancing the service & parts department customer support which is crucial for the company`s growth. They will have the responsibility to build and support a dynamic new machine sales department, increase market share, maintain business relationships and call on key accounts.
- Responsible to recruit and mentor employees that will cohesively execute the company goals and mission as entrepreneurial business leaders thru integrity, teamwork, customer responsiveness, and profitable decision making.
- Drive employee engagement within the retail team.
- Health & Safety – Ensure that all retail sites are safe for our people to work in.
- Communicate processes and policies to employees.
- Evaluate current and proposed procedures, and implement changes as required to ensure all company procedures are followed.
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Follow and standardize processes across the region.
- Review customer receivables and ensure store employees adhere to company accounts receivable and collections policies.
- Improve price position in market for retail services, delivering on price realization targets and also leading to industry leading retail profitability
- Monitors store metrics and pro-activity implements corrective action plans to assure achievement of all store departmental goals.
- Ensure our workplaces/workshops are to the highest standard and maintained in alignment to company policy.
- Lead sustainability journey for Sonsray Machinery – Reduce CO2 output of dealer sites and prepare for future sustainable transportation.
- Strong leadership to drive change programs and allow for a more diverse and skilled employee base.
- Maintains a positive and professional conduct of business with employees and other stores and manufactures.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time to Sonsray Machinery locations, customer locations, trade shows, and other as required to grow business.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by manager.
Qualifications and Soft-Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience overseeing multi-store operations for a dealership organization providing parts & service, sales customer support, and basic technical and mechanical understanding is necessary.
- Agricultural construction equipment is highly desired or equivalent industry is necessary to be considered.
- Four year college degree in Business/Management preferred.
- Ability to use standard applications such as Google Workspace, internet functions ERP and CRM systems.
- Must be a leader and motivator.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Have great integrity, passion and committed to moving mountains with Sonsray’s great power of teamwork.
- Be able to practice self-awareness, and strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Support our customers with superior resources and industry knowledge to earn their respect with personalized, high-quality service.
- Be able to value and develop our employees’ diverse talents.
Compensation and Benefits Include:
- Competitive base salary and bonus plan
- HMO/PPO Medical Plan
- PPO Dental Plan
- PPO Vision Plan
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday.
- Birthday Perks
- Corporate Fitness Facility