RFI is looking for a Fire Alarm Senior Project Manager to join our team in San Jose!
Do you consider yourself:
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you.
As a Fire Alarm Senior Project Manager, your duties will include: Plans, organizes, directs, and controls project activities required for effective management of installation projects for fire/life/safety systems. Supervises installation and contract labor. Estimates and prices project changes. Works with contracts, reports, schedules, and other tools to define project parameters and to assure project profitability. Is responsible for the success of the project completion.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for all work to be performed according to RFI standards and quality installation techniques as per the RFI “General Installation and Craftsmanship Standards and Practices” policy.
- Plans and schedules engineering, installation, and subcontracting activities on projects or service installed jobs.
- Maintains current job plans, specifications, and schedules.
- Pursues change order opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Monitors the performance and quality of the field and contract labor.
- Review processes and modify to improve efficiencies when possible.
- Maintain accurate project information with in RFI shared files and system.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies.
- Maintain professional licensing as required by State and local jurisdictions.
- Ability to read and understand project specifications.
- Ability to document as-built drawings (red-lines).
- Perform upgrades and additions to Fire/Life/Safety Systems in order to increase functionality.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot and perform repairs as necessary.
- Install, maintain, or repair Fire/Life/Safety, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- All work is performed to RFI standards and quality techniques are practiced.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities without supervision.
- Capacity to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Ability to assist Sales and Engineering in making sound decisions with project design and implementation necessary for accurate proposal bids.
- Ability to train others on troubleshooting methods
- Ability to lead a crew and organize workload to see projects to completion.
- Other duties deemed necessary.
Customer Service & Communications Skills:
- Keeps self, superiors and subordinates informed of project progress.
- Works with engineering department on design and drafting phases of jobs.
- Coordinates the procurement of materials, supplies and services and controls timely delivery to job site.
- Represent RFI in a business-like professional manner in both conduct and appearance, to maximize client satisfaction.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner to resolve RFI, client, or other inquiries and/or requests.
- Maintain communications with clients, sub-contractors, office staff/field personnel to include project completion, and to reduce customer complaints.
- Work with personnel on system startup to ensure complete system compliance.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in providing customers and Project Managers with detailed progress updates, delays/ impacts, safety concerns, and any other information that will aid in achieving a successful project outcome.
Safety & Accountability:
- Adherence to all RFI Safety Policies; Work at required heights utilizing ladders, scaffolding, lifts, or other.
- Participates in and may deliver safety training to direct reports.
- Consistently keeps work area clean and free of potential hazards.
- Work in confined spaces as necessary.
- Works with Senior Project Manager to oversee the installation of multiple crews to ensure jobs are on track and within the project estimate and scope.
- Ability to complete work and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Work with Senior Project Manager to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client and service department.
- Work with Senior Project Manager to ensure all jobs are maintaining budgets and timelines throughout all phases of project.
- Provide reports to management.
- Adhere to procedures and standards in system design for quality installations.
- Assists with inventory and inspection of assigned RFI assets.
- Recommend appropriate staffing levels for project teams and adjust in accordance with RFI policies and procedures.
- Provide reports to senior management to include but not limited to: job scheduling and staff performance.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
High school education, or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field, personnel management, and project management preferred. Ideal candidates will have 6-10+ years of experience, excellent time management and organizational skills and be proficient in the following computer programs (Excel, Word, Internet, Outlook, Power Point, Microsoft Project and Microsoft AX). Maintain or working toward NICET certification and be CA Fire/Life/Safety certified. Excellent oral, written communication and customer service skills are essential. This position requires a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time, typing, kneeling, walking project sites, climb ladders.
- Occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than 40 years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) / Retirement Plan with Matching Program
- 529 for College Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
- Company Wellness & Rewards Program
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions