MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE GREATER CHICAGOLAND
Industrial Electrical Estimator/Project Manager
IST is currently taking applications for a highly motivated, career-oriented individual for the position of Electrical Estimator/Project Manager to join the team of a nationally renowned Industrial Electrical Contractor, who ranks in the 90th percentile in pay, overtime/double-time pay and company-provided benefits in the United States.
For over twenty years they have deigned, built, installed, and maintained systems, projects and facilities across numerous industrial environments including chemical, petrochemical, distribution, packaging, and more.
This is one of the Midwest’s largest full-service merit shop industrial electrical contractors. For over twenty years, they have designed, built, installed, and maintained our clients’ systems, projects, and facilities. We specialize in working in a variety of industrial environments, including chemical, petrochemical, distribution, packaging, and more.
- Estimate industrial, parcel, and commercial electrical projects ranging in value between $1,000,000 - $5,000,000+
- Use value engineering techniques to save clients’ money
- Ability to do a complete estimate from start to finish including but not limited to: review specs, send out request for quotes, perform on screen take offs, compile vendor quotes, and write up estimates
- Ability to use estimating software (Accubid experience a MAJOR PLUS)
- Managing projects on estimates won
- Prepare proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Attend pre-bid meetings and/or tour job sites to confirm requisite take-offs
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including information on pricing from suppliers obtained through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, software uploads, etc.
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, and/or availability of materials
- Interface with clients on bid-walks
- May provide support to field operations regarding electrical estimates
- Adhere to Company Standards to provide excellent customer service and timely job completion
- Proficient in interpreting the NEC
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with commercial and industrial electrical construction
- At least 3 years of experience working as an estimator in the electrical construction industry
- Must have experience managing electrical projects
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the electrical industry
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning
- Working knowledge of electrical installation, estimating techniques, and cost control
- Proficient typing skills, office communication, and basic computer knowledge
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems
- Ability to perform detailed work and successfully meet deadlines
- Must have stable work history
- Journeyman/Journeywoman License or Degree (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year