Landmark Construction, part of Landmark Properties, a vertically integrated provider of quality residential communities, is seeking an Assistant Project Manager for projects throughout the United States.
Our Assistant Project Managers in the Urban Division will assist in the delivery concrete/steel products in mid to high-rise construction spaces with a project size exceeding $100M. The Assistant Project Manager reports to the Project Manager and assists with all duties assigned by the Project Manager. The APM will assist the Project Manager in management of all aspects of a project including including cost control, schedule management, subcontractor/supplier/labor relations, document control, and is responsible to ensure the day-to-day functions of project are successfully complete without deficiencies, errors or omissions. The Assistant Project Manager should maintain a good internal working relationships with the development, design and preconstruction departments.
To thrive in this role, you must have strong communication skills and the ability to convey critical messages promptly is necessary. The position requires an eagerness to learn and engage with the project team in a professional manner, exceptional punctuality, and the ability to complete assigned tasks on schedule. The APM must uphold a high level of professionalism and possess personal traits such as critical thinking, interpersonal, organization, ethics, results driven, teamwork/collaboration, integrity/trust, strong execution, and leadership skills.
The duties listed below are an outline of Assistant Project Manager’s responsibilities and should not be considered an all-inclusive list. As the needs of the organization change, these duties may be modified as needed.
- Proficient computer skills in word processing, accounting software, spreadsheets, scheduling software (P6/Primavera, Microsoft Project or equivalent) and job cost software (PROCORE, or equivalent).
- Assist PM in execution of project startup including but not limited to: Design review of schematic design (SD), design development (DD), construction drawings (CD), interior design (ID), and project specifications including constructability and budget review of drawings coordinate cost review meetings and / or VE meetings as necessary.
- Assist in initiation and maintenance of all required project schedules, scheduling tools and programs.
- Implement administrative procedures for the project that satisfy the contract requirements and all items necessary for the efficient and proper execution of the work. All procedures are to be in accordance with established “Landmark Policies and Procedures Handbook”.
- Examine all construction documents for appropriate construction details, completeness of information, potential design deficiencies, code violations, constructability, etc.
- From initial buyout through final closeout and payment, assist PM in ensuring that the project costs are properly controlled and forecasted.
- Provide written documentation for important events, requests, instructions, and conversations and copy interested parties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.??
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee may infrequently drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.
Our Assistant Project Managers are in one of various corporate or satellite offices in the United States. Periods of overnight travel will be required.