The Solar Installer will be responsible for working as a contributing member of the solar installation crew and assisting the mechanical portions of commercial ground mount and rooftop solar installation. This position assists and organizes and performs the safety equipment placement, array layout, racking installation, and module placement. The solar installer will work as part of a team to safely and successfully complete all necessary installations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Layout, assembly, and installation of the solar array and mounting hardware
- Assist with electrical wiring of energy products
- Prepare and clean up the job site
- Provide exceptional customer service to every customer throughout the installation process
- Additional duties may be required as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1 year of construction labor experience
- Solar experience a plus
- General construction/framing experience is a plus
- Electrical experience is a plus
- 1 year of working in fast-paced construction environments, climbing ladders and stairs, and performing repetitious duties such as lifting, bending, and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 100 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Ability to work in harsh environments such as extreme hot and cold.
- Ability to safely handle and maintain basic hand and power tools used for installation
- Excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to handle a 40-hour workweek with overtime.
Position located near Mendota, IL. Pay range $15-$18/hr. The schedule is 5 10’s, day shift, Monday-Friday, some possible Saturday work. The project is expected to continue for 6-8 weeks+.
About Our Client:
Fast-growing electrical contractor specializing in Industrial, commercial, solar, and agriculture projects across the Midwest. Consistent long-term projects often requested by our team members.
About Industrial Skilled Trades:
IST serves a tight community of proven, skilled tradespeople. As a team member, you are treated with the respect which your value has earned you. This means competitive pay, consistent work, a safety culture that starts at the top, safety training, PPE, swag, travel perks, referral bonuses, and full benefits including 401k with an aggressive match. We know you, your lifestyle, and your needs.