Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and standby power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
The Service Writer is responsible for being a liaison between the shop and external customers, communicating progress on service work.
* Maintains and reviews work order files. Includes opening jobs, making changes, and reviewing work orders for closing on the computer. Monitors credit approval and assures that COD jobs are collected when appropriate. Provides input for changes in procedure. Reviews daily time cards and labor entry to make sure time is entered into the appropriate job segment. Keeps abreast of technical developments. Assists with walk-in customers and phone calls.
* Responsible for a program of self-improvement and personal development. Attends scheduled training meetings. Utilizes available time in learning to read and interpret manufactures' reference material. Strives to upgrade ability and knowledge in all phases of the service operation.
* Responsible for maintenance of good customer relations and a continued building of the company image. Resolves customer complaints immediately. Treats customers fairly, friendly, and courteously. Assures customer contacts are made on a timely basis and in a business-like manner. Ensures a high level of internal communication.
* Complies with routine reporting requirements. Establishes, implements and maintains necessary reports, records, controls and procedures to assure compliance with company and Caterpillar requirements.
* Assists to maintain service facilities. Establishes and maintains a current inventory list of all service equipment and tooling. Assures proper maintenance and utilization of equipment, tools, building, and yard. Maintains a neat, orderly, and safe Service Department and yard.
* Keeps Service Leadership appraised to all matters pertaining to the service department. Reports information to the Service Leadership accurately and on a timely basis. Communicates employee suggestions and grievances.
* Conducts monthly physical machine inventory by ensuring all equipment and attachments are barcoded and scanned.
* Responsible for the shipping and receiving of new, used, and rental equipment.
* Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
* Associate's degree in Business or Diesel related field required.
* 5 or more years of customer service experience in either the automotive, trucking or Heavy Equipment industry is required.
* Prior experience as a diesel technician is preferred.
* Must be proficient with the entire Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
* Comfortable with resolving customer issues and complaints required
* General people and customer service abilities are required.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and operate in a very fast pace environment. Travel requirements are > 50% including overnight or multiple night trips. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled