Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest CASE CNHi Construction Equipment Dealership and Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600 employees and 30 plus combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
Sonsray Machinery is currently seeking an experienced and professional Service Manager to join our CASE dealership in San Leandro, CA.
The Service Manager will be responsible for managing service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable service labor sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops and follows an annual service budget to provide realistic, attainable and measurable profit goals compatible with overall dealership financial and operational goals.
- Recruits and hires service personnel and develops and retains key talent through individual development plans.
- Coordinates recruiting of new talent utilizing local Technical schools programs.
- Maintains all management reports necessary to audit the performance of department and individual employees.
- Develops, maintains, and adheres to a priority system for scheduling all service work, both customer and internal.
- Ensures that all manufacturer warranty and Product Improvement Program (PIP) claims are completed and filed in a timely manner according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- Monitors warranty expense and recovery rates to meet company objectives.
- Responsible for our facility inspections, safety meetings, and coordinating the annual safety inspections.
- Schedules and assigns job and work areas to employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Ensures that Service Department is equipped with the necessary tools and service equipment is available and maintained in good working order.
- Work with Store Manager on maintaining building and yard facility.
- Coordinates dealership training program and service-related customer clinics.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times, inside and outside the dealership.
- Monitors metrics on a monthly basis to assure achievement of departmental goals.
- Introducing our line of service and product to prospective customers by making cold calls and visits.
- Maintain and develop current customer relationships.
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in management and service department operations or related field.
- Heavy construction equipment is required to be considered for this position.
- Familiar with Case and competitive products.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to use standard computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and internet functions.
- Good human relations and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Birthday Perks