The Rental General Sales Manager will be responsible for all management of all facets of rental sales.
- Determine and implement appropriate management and governance structures to execute strategy profitably in the short and long-term and to compete effectively in the current and future market
- Regularly identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the market, specifically with competitors. Identify and exploit new market opportunities
- Set and manage realistic revenue forecasts. Create an annual plan to include objectives and goals, annual budget and capital expenditure requests
- Drive customer satisfaction and increased customer loyalty through proactive communications and follow up with customers to identify their needs and diligently work to ensure customer problems are resolved quickly
- Direct and guide employees towards achievement of Company objectives and goals. Develop and motivate high performers; improve or remove low performers
- Provide information and input in regards to fleet inventories to ensure profitability and meet customer demand
- Direct the development of the rental-marketing plan and assist with sales forecasts
- Oversee the rental operations consistency and customer experience at multiple locations
- Direct the development and implementation of rental coordination and rental sales policies
- Prepare and manage budgets; manage and monitor all expenses and approve/disapprove rental sales managers and departmental expenses
- Manage rental sales manager performance on the following (this is not an exhaustive list): employee behaviors, attitude, technique, territory and opportunity coverage, profitability, sales volume, account coverage, new account generation, CRM use, overall performance, etc.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years prior sales management experience. Prefer experience in heavy equipment sales management or rental sales management
- Experience with profit and loss responsivity
- Ability to write and prepare sales materials, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Familiarity with rental equipment market, its uses, and industry needs.
- Strong knowledge of construction industry.
- Familiarity with forecasting, ordering, inventories control and terms management. Excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to positively motivate, manage, and develop employees
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills, ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Strong computer skills
What will put you ahead:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred
Who We Are
Foley Industries - Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central – enters its ninth decade of empowering progress for customers in Kansas and Western Missouri. Foley’s 1,000+ employees strive every day to safely deliver excellence in service, parts, rental and sales across a broad line of Caterpillar and allied construction equipment, power generation, as well as SITECH construction technology solutions. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Full insurance benefits
- Holiday, PTO, and Parental Leave
- Family owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance in completing the application, call 316-943-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.