Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
The Inventory Control Manager manages the dealership's machine, attachments, and work tools inventory for several divisions (i.e. prime, used, heavy and rents) to ensure accurate reflection of inventory levels in systems based on business needs.
Review, implement and continually improve processes and procedures to optimize inventory shipping and receiving across all locations.
Perform monthly inventory reconciliation including monitoring all inventory activity and status changes performing reconciliations in real time.
Train, coach and retrain employees on the shipping and receiving process including any changes to the process. Ensures all training documents are up to date.
Identify slow moving, non-current inventory for future utilization and/or disposal. Determines and implements best solution on slow moving / non-current assets in terms of utilization and/or disposal. Serve as a resource to the sales department locating and utilizing aged assets.
Manages more than $300M in inventory. Managing inventory is defined as identifying and correcting shipping and receiving errors including determining corrective action for those making the errors. Maintain strict control over the shipping and receiving process. Identifies discrepancies between inventory records and enforces, across the organization, the shipping and receiving policies.
Achieve identified KPIs related to the shipping and receiving policies across multiple stores, inventory accuracy. Determines and implements through collaborating with local store employees how equipment and attachments are organized at each store for ease in reconciling inventory.
Perform sales administration duties as directed by management.
Other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibility. Consults with local management to address employee performance issues related to not following shipping and receiving policies.
Less than 50% travel by car or plane. May require overnight stay and traveling long distances.
* Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Logistics/Inventory Management, Accounting or Business Administration is required.
* 3+ years of experience in a related industry.
* 3+ years of managing equipment inventory or similar role.
* Experience in conducting effective training in small to large groups.
* Experience in providing constructive feedback to peers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong aptitude and understanding of shipping/receiving policies.
* Strong data analysis and problem- solving skills.
* Strong working knowledge of computers and software (i.e., Microsoft Office)
* Detail-oriented with the ability to successfully complete work tasks.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to include formal presentations skills before small and large groups
* Exceptional organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
* Interpersonal skills are sufficient to engage with customers, vendors, and peers in order to exchange information, motivate, influence and persuade.
* Creative ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
* Maintain a valid driver's license and comply with corporate driving policy.
* Follow all company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean and orderly work area fully participating in Company's safety initiatives.
* Knowledge of business accounting principles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, calculators and fax machines
MENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Mental Effort
* Strong mental acuity to handle complex issues and problems
* Ability to read, talk, write, and hear
* Attention to detail
2. Physical Requirements
* Ability to sit for long periods, stand, walk, bend and stoop to perform the essential functions of this job
* Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
3. Working Conditions
* Operates in a professional office environment with the occasional visit in and around service shops and warehouse type environments.
* Some exposure to hot and cold environment when visiting stores / service shops and warehouse facilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled