Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit www.fabickcat.com
Why Work For Us!
At Fabick Cat, you are beyond just an employee, you are a part of the Fabick family. A family that has worked so diligently to cement a legacy that was built over 100 years ago through a collective vision "To Ever Serve Our Customers Better". This legacy could not have been possible without first employing then developing the best and brightest talent the market has to offer. We believe it to be of the upmost importance to invest in our workforce by supporting and empowering employees to develop the necessary skills to become successful in their own career.... to become a legacy. Are you ready to join our family legacy to continue our existence as 'the greatest service organization of its kind' over the next 100 years? The Fabick family appreciates and values the ongoing commitment of its employees and is pleased to provide a highly competitive total compensation and benefits package.
Responsible for actively participating in the learning process to become proficient in providing high quality repairs. Respond to customer needs in a positive and timely manner to ensure maximum value for work performed. Remaining engaged in a classroom setting and shop area to develop your mechanical knowledge, skills and abilities
All essential functions, duties and responsibilities will be performed following Fabick Cat's safety guidelines and practices to be in support of the company's mission, vision and values.
* Engage and participate in a learning environment that is both in the shop and classroom settings
* Perform all levels of repair and preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment
* Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, test and adjust assemblies with minimal Supervision
* Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs an make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments
* Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments
* Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely and orderly manner
* Maintain work area, tools and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment
* Complete all assigned coursework and maintain a 3.0 GPA at State Technical College
* Ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the ThinkBIG Program
* High School Diploma or GED
* The ability to attend State Technical College in Linn Missouri for the length of the program.
* Must take 2 mechanical aptitude test that are provided by State Technical College
* Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA while enrolled into the ThinkBIG Program
* Ability to intern at any one of our Missouri or Illinois Fabick locations
* Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally their thoughts and ideas in both verbal and written form
* Basic understanding of maintenance practices
* Own your own set of tools by the first day of class, the required tool list will be provided by Fabick Cat. (Company does not provide the tools)
* Must be able to read, write and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications
* Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn company computer software with training.
* General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools precision measuring tools and instruments, diagnostic software, cranes and rigging equipment
* Ability to operate various types of equipment and implements, diagnostic tooling and various shop and electric tools
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions. The following may be expected to be encountered: long periods of standing, periodic exposure to seasonal heat and cold, working with oils and greases, noise, shift work as needed - 1st and 2nd, working outside, stooping, bending, squatting, or working in a prone position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled