Industrial Skilled Trades is looking for experienced traveling or local Electricians for an Amazon project within the Baton Rouge metropolitan area. This is a 3-month project with plenty of OT and an aggressive pay scale. If you have a proven skillset and strong work ethic this is a great opportunity to join our community of skilled tradesmen and advance your career.
- Bend and install rigid conduit up to 3 inch
- Set up and pull wire and cable
- Terminate power, control, and instrumentation wire and cable
- Install electrical gear, equipment, and devices
- Install and troubleshoot PLC's
- Install and troubleshoot AC and DC Drives
- Single and Three Phase motors and motor control systems
- Solid, stable, and proven experience in the electrical field (2-3 professional references required, letters of recommendation are a plus)
- Read & comprehend tape measure, blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, work orders, instructions, formulas & processing charts
- Must have knowledge of the NEC (National Electrical Code) and OSHA safety standards
- Stand, walk, sit, kneel, and walk up & downstairs on regular basis; climb up and down ladders up to 35 feet high repeatedly per shift
- Work from various heights via platforms, scaffolds, ladders or man-lifts
- Bend and stretch, lift and move heavy objects many times per shift
- Operate, maintain, and work in close proximity to various power equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, man-lifts, excavators, drills, saws, hydraulic tools, and automatic machinery
- Focus on safety
- Must have electrical tools including hand benders as well as all PPE (harness preferred)
- Must have valid MI JW license and OSHA 10
Job Scope: Position located near Port Allen, LA . Pay range $22-$27/hr. The project is expected to continue for 3 months.
About Our Client: Large full-service Industrial & Solar Contractor with consistent, long-term, projects throughout the country. Known for their quality and commitment to safety. Quality candidates will have steady work with this client.
About Industrial Skilled Trades: IST serves a tight community of proven, skilled tradespeople. As a team member, you are treated with the respect which your value has earned you. This means competitive pay, consistent work, a safety culture that starts at the top, safety training, PPE, swag, travel perks, referral bonuses, and full benefits including 401k with an aggressive match. We know you, your lifestyle, and your needs.