RFI is looking for a Security System Installer to join our team in Reno!
As a Security System Installer, your duties will include:
Installers report directly to the Operations Manager, but are responsible to the Sr. Technicians and/or Project Managers on a daily activity basis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performing startup, installation and closeout of all jobs; assisting Project Managers in other tasks as assigned by the Project Managers. Installation includes Access Control, Video, Alarm and Intercom systems.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for all work to be performed according to RFI standards and quality installation techniques as per the RFI “General Installation and Craftsmanship Standards and Practices” policy.
- Installs and terminates cable and equipment as per specifications and in conjunction with any relevant building and or electrical codes.
- Ability to read and understand/ follow a Scope of Work / Specifications.
- Ability to read and understand/ follow Blueprints
- Able to follow a wire diagram/ cut sheet to terminate devices correctly.
- Tests all equipment after terminations are complete to ensure proper performance of system.
- Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under supervision.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry standards and emerging technologies.
- Understands the different construction methods for walls, doors, floors, and ceilings.
- Understands the different anchor types for securing devices to surfaces correctly and safely.
- Must be able to set up and configure basic settings on field devices including setting up IP addresses.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
High school education, or equivalent, required. 2 year associate degree in electronics/basic electrical theory a plus. 3+ years working in the electronic field with daily use of AC/DC theory. Proper hand and power tool operations and safety. Ability to read blue prints and schematics. Basic computer skills. This position requires a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than 40 years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401k w/ Matching Program
- 529(c) for college savings
- Paid Vacation & 10 Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Program
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
- Company Wellness & Rewards Program
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions