The candidate is expected to be proficient in providing project leadership, subcontractor & installation coordination, technical & commissioning guidance while ensuring excellent project communication and closeout for all assigned control and security system projects. Essentially, the Technical Area Supervisor is to manage all aspects of all Fire and Security system projects assigned to them. The Technical Area Supervisor is expected to meet performance standards as set by the Vice President of Operations and to be a professional self-starter able to develop a dependable track record in project management. Communication being key, the Technical Area Supervisor is responsible for maintaining regular contact with various Team Members. The position is also responsible for all financial aspects of all phases and activities for his/her projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for financial success of all assigned projects.
- Establish and maintain project schedules
- Recognize & address any potential hazards
- Attend all required project meetings
- Understand, review, and monitor project estimates, scope of work, budgets, and plans & specs
- Read and understand contracts issued to us by our customers, sign and execute to the terms and conditions
- Acquire pricing from subcontractors as required. Additionally, develop and implement all subcontractor contracts & requirements.
- Communication with all projects related teams (i.e., Internal team, customers, end user, subcontractors, etc.) on all aspects of project related issues
- Accountable for monitoring and managing all aspects of project execution for quality, correctness, and efficiency
- Provide all drawings, scope of work and related documentation to appropriate team members
- Review and release all material orders for projects
- Monitor and manage all project associated Change Orders
- Schedule our team of direct and shared resources
- Track, document, and communicate all aspects and issues of project progress to appropriate team members
- Maintain updated wiring diagrams and cable paths for assigned projects
- Develop relationships with Team Members and customers and subcontractors.
- Coordinate all close out documentation and requirements such as as-builts, warranty letters, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and team members
- Ability to climb and work from ladders and scaffolding at elevations more than 6 feet
- Ability to lift objects and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to see and hear well (naturally or with correction) and speak clearly
- Coordinate the movement of eyes, hands, and fingers
- Stand, bend, and sit
- Must be capable of working extended hours when job/business needs demand
- Some travel may be required
- This position requires a minimum of 5-year management experience and the ability to demonstrate practical understanding of electrical, electronic, Fire and security drawings and schematics, to include reading, analyzing and interpretation of such drawings.
- Any experience specifically with Genetec, Axis, Firelite.
- A proven ability to operate electrical, electronic, and mechanical test and installation equipment including power tools.
- Must be very detailed oriented in his/her work ethics.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities accurately and calmly with interruptions and still meet deadlines.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Candidate should also work both independently with minimal supervision or in a team atmosphere, take pride in their work and accepts responsibility.
- This individual should project a friendly, professional attitude towards both internal and external customers and co-workers while building constructive and effective relationships.
- A history of excellent employment attendance, valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.